Leading With Kindness
How Good People Consistently Get Superior ResultsUnknown - 2008
Leadershipnow.com / The Best Leadership Books of 2008
By now, many leaders have realized that when it comes to business, nice guys often finish first. Old-fashioned images of corporate callousness and greed have been replaced by a gentler, more human conception of great leadership. But how does one define "kindness" in the context of business? And what is the best way to "use" this deceptively complex notion as a guiding principle to lead an organization successfully into the future?
Far from presenting a naive idea of kindness, this eye-opening book identifies the surprising attributes successful "kind" leaders share. Readers will learn how they can use kindness to:
* motivate employees, committee members, and others
* recognize unique talents while nurturing all employees
* establish a supportive environment
* spur continuous organizational growth
* adapt to change
* stimulate calculated "stretch" and risk-taking
* prepare the next generation of leaders
This realistic book shows leaders how they can use sincerity, honesty, and respect for the good of their organizations.