Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters
10 Secrets Every Father Should KnowBook - 2007
* the essential virtues of strong fathers-and how to develop them
* the cues daughters take from their dads on everything from self-respect to drugs, alcohol, and sex
* the truth about ground rules (girls do want them, despite their protests)
* the importance of becoming a hero to your daughter
* the biggest mistake a dad can make-and the ramifications
* the fact that girls actually depend on their dads' guidance into adulthood
* steps fathers can follow to help daughters avoid disastrous decisions and mistakes
* ways in which a father's faith-or lack thereof-will influence his daughter
* essential communication strategies for different stages of a girl's life
* true stories of "prodigal daughters"-and how their fathers helped to bring them back
Dads, you are far more powerful than you think-and if you follow Dr. Meeker's advice, the rewards will be unmatched.
"Reassuring and challenging . . . a helpful road map for concerned fathers [that] tackles difficult issues."
"A touching, illuminating book that will prove valuable to all of us who are fortunate enough to have been blessed with daughters."
-Michael Medved, nationally syndicated radio talk-show host, author of Right Turns
"Dr. Meeker's conclusions are timely, relevant, and often deeply moving. No one interested in what girls experience growing up in our culture today-and the impact that parents, especially fathers, have on the experience-can afford to miss reading this book."
-Armand M. Nicholi, Jr., M.D., professor of psychiatry, Harvard Medical School
From the critics
QuotesAdd a Quote
Your daughter’s attitude toward herself comes directly from you. Her expectations, her ambitions, and her assessment of her own capabilities all come from what you believe- what you say and what you do. As a father, you have to ask yourself what sort of woman you want your daughter to become.
AgeAdd Age Suitability
There are no ages for this title yet.
SummaryAdd a Summary
There are no summaries for this title yet.
There are no notices for this title yet.